A MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY
Important Information from the Gresham-Barlow School Board
The District’s implemented offer with the teachers union is fiscally responsible, and is in the best interest of students, staff, and the community.
OUR CONTRACT OFFER IS RIGHT FOR STUDENTS
· Keeps class sizes from increasing.
· Keeps a well-rounded educational and co-curricular program in place.
· Supports increased student achievement. The District can keep the most qualified teachers if cuts are needed.
· Increases instructional time for high school students so they graduate prepared for tomorrow.
OUR CONTRACT OFFER IS RIGHT FOR THE COMMUNITY
· Stays within our budget and prevents teacher layoffs. (The union’s February 10 proposal would force the District to layoff 43 teachers or cut 16 school days.)
· No additional tax increases needed to fund the board’s proposal.
· Maintains an adequate reserve fund for emergencies.
OUR CONTRACT OFFER IS RIGHT FOR TEACHERS
· Prevents teacher layoffs for 2012-13. The District has cut 120 teachers in the past five years because of state budget cuts.
· Provides more time for teachers to work together to improve student learning.
· Maintains current benefits package that is the same as other district employees.
Gresham-Barlow School Board Members
Dale Clark (Chair)
|Matt O’Connell (Vice Chair)||Dan Chriestenson|
|Kris Howatt||Carla Piluso|
|Kathy Ruthruff||Kent Zook|
www.gresham.k12.or.usFor more information about contract negotiations:
This information was provided by the Gresham-Barlow School Board.