Academic Celebration for Trimester 1
When: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Time: 10:40am - 11:10am (Time may vary - TBD)
Where: West Orient's Gymnasium
Who: Honor Roll & Perfect Attendance for Trimester 1
- Email invitations will be sent to families of students who qualify for this event.
- Paper invitations will be sent home with students who qualify for this event.
WOMS GIVING TREE - ‘Tis the season…
Please join our Orient tradition of “Giving” by choosing a gift tag from our Giving Tree
for our families in need of assistance. The tree will be located in the West building commons
during Fall conferences. After conferences, the tree will be moved to the main office foyer.
Please deliver your wrapped gift with identifying gift tag to the office by
Friday, December 14th. Gifts need to be ready for family pick-up December 17-21.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR GENEROSITY
Fred Meyer Rewards Card Fundraiser
You can help WOMS earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card!
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to West Orient Middle School at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
- You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number, TN147.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping West Orient Middle School earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service Desk of any Fred Meyer store.
2018 Immunization Results
The State of Oregon now requires schools to notify parents of their immunization exemption rates for each required vaccine. These rates will now be posted on our school’s website, in our school office and sent home to parents twice a year. The rates attached are the exemption rates as of last spring. Schools are required to publish this information twice each school year. Approximately the second week of March we will post the updated rates. These new rates are collected and tallied in mid February.
ODE 30-day notice for statewide tests & Opt-out form
Student Registration Information
Enrollment Packet (New students to our district)
Spanish Enrollment Packet (New students to our district)
Welcome to West Orient Middle School
Degrees and Certifications:
I’m Elise Catanese, principal of West Orient Middle School, home of the WOLVERINES. As a community of learners, the students and staff at West Orient Middle School strive to practice respect, responsibility, relationships, and results. High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of West Orient Middle School students.
What we celebrate:
- High academic and behavioral standards.
- Dedicated and collaborative staff that focuses on teaching and learning to improve student growth and achievement.
- Positive and safe school climate & culture.
- Strong level of parent and community support.
- New STEAM elective classes at 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- New technology including interactive whiteboards and projectors, amplification devices, chromebooks, and an updated infrastructure!
- New bond improvements such as new classroom furniture, floors & paint, and new security upgrades.
We are proud of these accomplishments and look forward to building upon them in the upcoming school year.
Our theme for the 2018-19 school year is “DOn’t quIT” At West Orient, our common goal is to prepare every student for success, NO EXCUSES! We want each and every student to improve, grow, and achieve! We will accomplish this together with a DO IT, Don’t Quit mindset.
Student registration will be on Tuesday, August 21, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please note that school pictures will be taken during registration. We strongly encourage you to register your child at this time to ensure a smooth enrollment.
Communication is key to student success! All school information can be found on our school website, westorient.gresham.k12.or.us. Our weekly newsletter, Tuesday News, contains the most current information including school announcements, upcoming events, important dates, and school celebrations. Tuesday News is emailed to parents on Tuesday afternoons and we upload a copy under the Tuesday News link on our school website. ParentVUE is another valuable communication tool that provides parents and guardians access to information regarding their child’s academic progress, current grades, attendance activity, and class schedules via the internet. You can sign up for ParentVUE during registration on August 21. Both Tuesday News and ParentVUE can be found on our school website. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @WOMSwolverines.
Our school is getting a new and refreshed look! We are very excited about our new classroom furniture, fresh paint, new floors, security upgrades and more! We can’t wait for you to see it! Thank you again for supporting the bond and Gresham/Barlow schools!
I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at 503-663-3323 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to an amazing year!
West Orient Middle School