Tuesday - August 21st
12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- School pictures and ID Cards (Check Payable to Lifetouch)
- Pay School Fees - (Cash or Check Payable to West Orient Middle School - Credit is available)
- Lunch Account Deposits - (Separate Check Payable to West Orient Middle School)
- Return Lost Library Books
- Update Student Information
- Free & Reduced Lunch Forms
- ParentVue Sign-up
- Bus Schedules
- Athletics & After School Activities
Welcome to West Orient Middle School
Fred Meyer Rewards Card Fundraiser
You can help WOMS earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card!
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to West Orient Middle School at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
- You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number, 87600.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping West Orient Middle School earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service Desk of any Fred Meyer store.
**Invitation to Preview Proposed K-12 Health Curriculum
The Gresham-Barlow School District Office of Teaching and Learning would like to invite families and community members to preview the new K-12 health curriculum that is being considered for purchase. The materials align with the newly revised Oregon State Health Standards. Curricula materials will be available for preview in our school office during regular school hours from April 25 – May 2.
Any questions about the materials can best be answered by the Teaching and Learning Department and directed to the contact person below. School staff are not able to answer questions about the adoption process or specific instructional materials during this time so thank you for contacting the District Office directly.
Please direct any questions to:
Elementary (K-5) questions:
Angie Kautz, Director of Elementary Teaching and Learning
Secondary (6-12) questions:
Dr. Sara Hahn-Huston, Exec. Director of Secondary Teaching and Learning
The Gresham-Barlow School District has selected Bethany Fraze to be the next principal of Kelly Creek Elementary School.
Degrees and Certifications:
I’m Elise Catanese, principal of West Orient Middle School, home of the WOLVERINES. As a community of learners, the students and staff at West Orient Middle School strive to practice respect, responsibility, relationships, and results. High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of West Orient Middle School students.
What we celebrate:
- High academic and behavioral standards.
- Dedicated and collaborative staff that focuses on teaching and learning to improve student growth and achievement.
- Positive and safe school climate & culture.
- Engaging arts program that includes band, choir, and world music.
- New STEAM elective classes at 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- New technology including interactive whiteboards and projectors, amplification devices, chromebooks, and an updated infrastructure!
- Strong level of parent and community support.
We are proud of these accomplishments and look forward to building upon them in the upcoming school year.
Our school theme for the 2017-18 school year is “Use the FORCE: Friendships, Opportunities, Respect, Cooperation, Excellence.” At West Orient, our common goal is to prepare every student for success, NO EXCUSES! We want each and every student to improve, grow, and achieve, but we know we can not accomplish this goal alone. We believe it takes a “FORCE” from all stakeholders—parents, students, staff, and the community— to accomplish our goals with the greatest success.
Effective communication is our priority and key to student success! Our weekly newsletter, Tuesday News, contains the most current information including school announcements, upcoming events, important dates, and school celebrations. Tuesday News is emailed to parents on Tuesday afternoons and we upload a copy to our School News page. ParentVUE is another valuable communication tool that provides parents and guardians access to information regarding their child’s academic progress, current grades, attendance activity, and class schedules via the internet. Parents and students are encouraged to utilize ParentVUE weekly to track progress. Tuesday News can be found under Our School > School News and ParentVUE can be found under Parents > ParentVUE.
I am honored to serve as principal of West Orient Middle School. If I can ever be of assistance, please call me at 503-663-3323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime...May the FORCE be with you!
West Orient Middle School