🎯 Math Department
💭 How to be successful in Math
How To Be Successful In Math
- Attend nearly every class session and, when absent, seek ways to learn the materials covered in class.
- Conscientiously prepare work assigned for class.
- Learn from mistakes made on assignments. Seek help from the teacher, peers, and/or the math lab.
- Set aside time necessary to be successful.
- Study for exams by reviewing notes and assignments. Do extra problems in the book for concepts you feel you need more practice with.
- Pay attention to detail. Showing all steps vertically will help you avoid notational errors, e.g., accidentally changing digits, dropping or altering algebra symbols, leaving off negative signs, etc.
- Create a peer support network. Exchange phone numbers so that you can call each other to discuss any problems you are having with an assignment.
- Bring your materials to class. This includes your notebook, paper, assignments, textbook, a pencil, and a calculator - preferably a graphing calculator.