North Gresham Families, get a look inside our school and meet the teachers and staff! Click the link below to watch!The videos are segmented so that you can watch the ones you're interested in, but we recommend watching the welcome video from the principal and office, the specialists video, the cafeteria video, and your child's grade level video. We hope you enjoy and feel more connected!
How can I view my chid's report card?
All report cards are visible in ParentVue. Report cards are no longer sent or mailed home. If you need a ParentVue account, please contact the school for an activation key.
¿Cómo puedo ver la boleta de calificaciones de mi hijo?
Todas las boletas de calificaciones están visibles en ParentVue. Las boletas de calificaciones ya no se envían ni se envían por correo a casa. Si necesita una cuenta de ParentVue, comuníquese con la escuela para obtener una clave de activación.
Picture Retake Day
Tuesday, November 30th
Picture retake day is for:
- Students who were absent on our original picture day on October 12th
- Students who are new to North after October 12th
- Students who want to return their original photo order and want to retake their photo
How to order:
- If ordering for the first time, the easiest way to order is online at: https://www.dorianstudio.com/pictureday/XJQYF6NB/
- You can also request an order form to be sent home by contacting the office or your student’s teacher. Important: We can only accept exact payment in cash (we cannot make change), or you can send a check made payable to: Dorian Studio
- If you’re returning your original order, all you need is to send the original photo packet to school with your student and let the teacher know to send the student to get their photo retaken; the original packet is given to the photographer
- All students who missed the original picture day will get their photo taken, but ordering is completely optional
Retoma de Foto
Martes el 30 de noviembre
La retoma de fotos es para:
- Estudiantes que estuvieron ausentes en nuestro día de fotos que fue Octubre 12.
- Estudiantes que son nuevos a la escuela North y que empezaron después de Octubre 12.
- Estudiantes que quieren devolver su pedido original y quieren volver a tomar su foto.
- Si está ordenando por primera vez, la forma más fácil de ordenar es en línea en: https://www.dorianstudio.com/pictureday/XJQYF6NB/
- También puede solicitar que se le envíe un formulario de pedido a casa comunicándose a la oficina o con el maestro de su estudiante. Importante: Solo podemos aceptar efectivo exacto (no le podemos dar cambio), o puede mandar un cheque pagado a: Dorian Studio.
- Si devuelve el pedido original, todo lo que necesita es enviar el paquete de fotos original a la escuela con su estudiante y avisarle al maestro para que envíe al estudiante a que se le vuelva a tomar la foto. El paquete original es dado al fotógrafo.
- Todos los estudiantes que no estuvieron el día de la foto original se tomarán una foto, pero ordenar es completamente opcional.
INCLEMENT WEATHER & EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSURE INFORMATIONIn the event of a school closure due to inclement weather, please make sure you are signed up for our district's SchoolMessenger system. You can opt-in by texting "Y" or "YES" to 67587. You will receive messages to your phone. You can also download the app by visiting the website here: https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/home.
If school closes early while students are already here, we will send a message to families to notify you of the early school closure. Please note that we send students home as you directed on the blue emergency transportation form you filled out in the beginning of the year. We do not have the ability to call all families and ask how students will get home in the event of an early closure, or to receive a high call volume for last-minute changes. In order to get students home safely and quickly, we rely on advance planning and the information from the emergency transportation form. If you didn't fill out a blue emergency transportation form at the beginning of the year, or need to make a change to your form, please contact the office as soon as possible.
Tell us what you think!
The Gresham-Barlow School Board needs your input to help with the process of selecting the next superintendent of schools.
The Gresham-Barlow School Board is conducting a superintendent search to replace Dr. Katrise Perera who resigned on June 30. While the board conducts the search, James Hiu is serving as Acting Superintendent.
Your participation is essential! The school board needs your input to help with the process of selecting the next superintendent. To gather feedback, the school board is using a tool called ThoughtExchange so as many people as possible can participate. You can participate in a variety of languages including Spanish or Russian.
The School Board wants to know:
What should the new superintendent know about our District, and what important skills and qualities would help them be most successful in the role?
To participate, visit: bit.ly/GBSuptSearch
Click here for information from the Oregon Health Authority about the Covid-19 vaccine for 5-11 year olds.
Families with students attending schools in Multnomah County are invited to a panel webinar with local health professionals to discuss COVID-19 vaccinations. Tune in to this important webinar, co-hosted by the Multnomah County Health Department, Multnomah Education Service District, and Multnomah County school districts, on Wednesday, November 17th at 6 pm.
More information can be found here: https://www.multnomahesd.org/
Registration for the event can be found here: https://multnomahesd-org.zoom.
What can you do with your ParentVUE account?* Register students for school* View report cards* View attendance* View bus routes* Update your contact information and emergency contacts* Find out who your child's teacher is* and more!If you registered your student online, you have a ParentVUE account! Here's the link to login:If you forgot your username or password, you can reset those.Don't have a ParentVUE account? Please contact the school for an activation key!¿Qué puede hacer con su cuenta de ParentVUE?* Registrar estudiantes para la escuela* Ver boletas de calificaciones* Ver asistencia* Ver rutas de bus* Actualice su información de contacto y contactos de emergencia* Descubra quién es el maestro de su hijo* ¡y más!Si registró a su estudiante en línea, ¡tiene una cuenta de ParentVUE! Aquí está el enlace para iniciar sesión:Si olvidó su nombre de usuario o contraseña, puede restablecerlos.¿No tienes una cuenta de ParentVUE? ¡Comuníquese con la escuela para obtener una clave de activación!
Distrist transfer information is now available to those interested in attending a Gresham-Barlow school.
Community invited to view completed school bond renovations
Degrees and Certifications:
Dear North Gresham Elementary School Families,
My name is Shawnda Sewell and I am thrilled to be the next principal of North Gresham Elementary School!
This is my 20th year in education, and for the past 6 years I served as the Principal of Highland Elementary School right here in the Gresham Barlow School District. North Gresham Elementary School has a great reputation for having exceptional staff members who love their students and provide them with rich academic and social experiences. Additionally, the students have been characterized as energetic and eager to learn. I have no doubt that together we can continue to get through these unprecedented times stronger and better than ever.
As a North staff, we will embrace the challenges of the future while we continue to cherish and celebrate the traditions of the past. Our remarkable staff, involved parents and committed students come together to make North Gresham a wonderful, unique place. The beginning of the year will look and feel different but we will continue to be rooted in a student-centered focus with the strength coming from the partnership of our community.
North Gresham Elementary School