January 11, 2022
Dear GBSD Families and Staff,
Below is our COVID-19 Cases Update for Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
Schools listed below had someone identified who tested positive for COVID-19 and was on-site while infectious since January 3, 2022.
Every school within the Gresham-Barlow School District.
Staff or students at the school who have been exposed will be sent a separate letter. Staff and students who do not receive a separate letter may continue to come to school/work.
The School District does the following things when we find out about a person testing positive for COVID-19:
- Notify and consult with the Multnomah County Health Department.
- Send a separate letter to all exposed students and staff providing them with additional guidance.
- Keep the names of students and staff who have COVID-19 private. Please respect the privacy of anyone who has COVID-19.
The best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are to:
- Get vaccinated (including the booster dose)
- Wear a well-fitting mask
- Stay home if you have symptoms of any communicable illness
- Stay away from people who have symptoms of illness
- Maintain distance from people outside of your home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, and wash your hands with soap and water often
Call the school if your student develops symptoms of illness or if someone in your home tests positive for COVID-19. Make sure the school has your correct phone number.
Staff, please notify your direct supervisor if you develop symptoms of illness or someone in your home tests positive for COVID-19.
Gresham-Barlow School District