Technology Tools Available to Families
ParentVUE is a tool to help families stay informed about their student’s progress. With the ParentVUE web portal, parents can access near real time information on assignments and scores, attendance, class schedules, transcripts, graduation status and more. ParentVUE is the primary source of grades and assignment information for GBSD.
- View attendance records and report cards
- Register new students
- Check grades and assignments
- Update contact information
ParentSquare is a simple-to-use communication tool that offers access to school news, teacher messages, and district information all in one place.
- Messages from the school via email, text or mobile app notification
- Two-way texting between staff and families
- Communicate in your preferred language
Canvas Parent is available to parents and guardians of students in 9th through 12th grades. The Canvas Parent Observer role offers limited course permissions that allow you to see what is going on without interrupting or participating in the course.
- View past and upcoming assignments
- Check on grades and assignment feedback
- Receive course announcements and notifications
Note: ParentVUE continues to be the primary source of student grades.