What is P-EBT for summer 2023?
ODE/ODHS will issue benefits as a one-time payment amount of $120 to each eligible child. Starting early-September, eligible children will receive a letter in the mail, and benefits will be added to their existing P-EBT card from the Summer 2022 issuance. Newly eligible students can expect to receive a P-EBT card mailed to their home.
P-EBT program update - Funding for Summer 2023
For additional and the most updated information, please visit the P-EBT program website: PEBT.oregon.gov
What benefits are going out when:
- Summer 2022 P-EBT Catch-Up Issuances: On July 25th, a file of just under 4,000 corrections to Summer 2022 P-EBT benefits were processed. Cards should arrive in the next 2-4 weeks, with $391 per child.
- Summer 2023 P-EBT Issuances: a one-time lump sum payment in the amount of $120 will be provided to each eligible child. The first issuance for the majority of the eligible population will be distributed in September.
Who is eligible?
Children are eligible for Summer 2023 P-EBT benefits if the student was enrolled in a school participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) as of May 2023, and:
- Have been certified as eligible for free or reduced-price meals through an NSLP application or direct certificate; or
- The student was enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 for breakfast or lunch; or
- Received SNAP, TANF or Foster Care between July 2022-August 2023.
Families who apply for free or reduced -price meals through their school by August 31, 2023 may be eligible for P-EBT Summer 2023.
Please Note: Children under the age of 6 may be eligible for these P-EBT benefits if they are enrolled in a NSLP school.
Please note: Gresham Barlow School District validates enrollment and provides information on free and reduced status. Gresham Barlow School District is not responsible for the payments that are being sent.
Please do not fill out free and reduced applications. Funding is for school year 22-23 and we are unable to accept applications for a previous school year. We are not accepting free and reduced applications based on our Community Eligibility Provision agreement.
This institution is an equal-opportunity provider.