In-District Transfers - OPEN March 1-31, 2020

  • The Gresham-Barlow School District will accept in-district transfer requests for the 2020-2021 school year during the month of March only. If you live within the district and want your child to attend a Gresham-Barlow school outside of your attendance area, you need to request an in-district transfer. If your student currently has an in-district transfer and is moving from elementary to middle or middle to high, please submit a new request.

    Please note that due to the boundary changes starting with the 2020-2021 school year, many elementary and middle school transfer requests will not be able to be granted. Priority will be given to 5th and 8th grade students affected by the boundary change who want to finish at their original school. Any appeals to transfer request decisions will be made by the superintendent. 
    Transfer request forms are available below, in the main office at any GBSD school, or the district office. Your completed form can be dropped off at any GBSD school, faxed to (503) 261-4553, mailed to the district office at 1331 NW Eastman Parkway, Gresham 97030, or emailed to in time to arrive by March 31, 2020.
    You will be notified in writing after review of all requests. Please note: some requests may not be decided upon until late summer after enrollment numbers are better known. For further information, contact the Gresham-Barlow School District Office at 503-261-4550.


    English In-District Transfer Form

    Spanish In-District Transfer Form

District-to-District Transfers - CLOSED

  • Gresham-Barlow School District accepts district-to-district transfer requests for the upcoming school year during the month of May only. This type of transfer is for families who want their students to attend a school outside of the school district in which they live. The window for requesting this type of transfer for the 2019-20 school year is now closed.

    If you live within the Gresham-Barlow School District and want to attend a school in another school district, you can request a release by filling out the request form that will be available here in May each year.

    If you live outside of Gresham-Barlow School District but wish to attend one of our schools, please contact your home district to request a release first.

    If you applied for a transfer for the 2019-20 school year, you will be notified in writing after review of all requests. Please note: kindergarten and first grade requests may not be decided upon until late August after elementary registration. For further information, contact the Gresham-Barlow School District Office at 503-261-4550. 

Open Enrollment Transfers - CLOSED

  • In the past, Open Enrollment was an additional enrollment option for students hoping to transfer between districts. However, 2018-19 was the last school year for students to transfer through open enrollment. Districts will not go through the open enrollment procedure in the spring of 2019 and cannot enroll students through open enrollment in 2019-20.

    Any student who has transferred through open enrollment before this change remains a resident of the new district. ORS 339.133 contains language stating that this change does not affect the status of a person who transferred through open enrollment prior to the 2019-20 school year.