Barlow Key Club
Come learn about what we do in Key Club, how you can get involved at Barlow, and give back to your community.
2019-20 Barlow Key Club Officers:
Vice Presidents: TBA
Advisor - Mr. Andy Collmer - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Sam Barlow Key Club officers: email@example.comSBHS Key Club on Instagram: sbhs.keyclubFor Reminders: Text @keyclubsb to 81010
We are a group of students who are interested in helping the community through volunteer service. We are student led and driven, providing opportunities for all students to practice leadership skills, develop character, and give back to the community and world we live in.
Key Club International is the oldest and largest service program for high school students.
Members of the Kiwanis International family, Key Club members build themselves as they build their schools and communities.
Today, Key Club exists on more than 5,000 high school campuses, primarily in the United States and Canada. Growth efforts, however, have taken the Key Club experience internationally to Canada, the Caribbean nations, Central and South America, and most recently to Asia and Australia.
Principles of Key Club International:
Key Club is an international student-led organization which provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership.
To develop competent, capable, and caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
The core values of Key Club International are: leadership, character building, caring, and inclusiveness.
"I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions."
Caring – Our Way of Life
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and good will.
Key Club is affiliated with Kiwanis International. The Rockwood and Damascus-Boring Kiwanis Clubs co-sponsor the Barlow Key Club. Kiwanis and Key Club collaborate on many projects.
To learn more about Kiwanis International click below: