The Federal Programs department is responsible for overseeing and administering Every Student Succeeds Act funds received from the federal government for our Title programs. The intent of these programs is to address the diverse needs of our schools and student population. They include:
- Title IA: Improving Basic Programs
- Title IIA: Professional development and improving teacher quality
- Title III: Language instruction for limited English proficient and immigrant students
- Title IVB: 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title IXA: McKinney-Vento Act – Homeless Education Program
All of these federal programs are designed to support the Gresham-Barlow School District's efforts tied to the State of Oregon's academic standards, in order to ensure that all children receive the high quality education they need to be prepared for a lifetime of learning, career opportunities and productive contributions to the community.