What the Connection Coordinator does:
The Connection Coordinator assists students/families between the ages of 12 and 21 to find the best possible education option to complete high school, guides them through the enrollment process, and provides follow-up support.
Who the Connection Coordinator helps:
The focus of this service is on youth who are currently not enrolled or attending school and want to return and re-engage. Students currently enrolled in one of the district’s neighborhood high schools need to meet with their assigned counselor who can then refer and connect them to the Connections Coordinator as needed.
How the Connection Coordinator helps:
- Outreach to students/families who have disconnected from school for various reasons.
- Assessment of student academic and social needs to determine the school/program that best fits.
- Assistance exploring district options and navigating the enrollment process.
- Follow-up and support in the new educational setting.
How to receive help:
- Youth not currently enrolled in school: for immediate assistance, interested youth/families should call or walk in to the counseling office of their neighborhood high school and register with Gresham-Barlow School District. A counselor will then meet with you to discuss educational goals and refer to the Connections Coordinator if needed or you will be connected with the Connections Coordinator directly based on your situation.
- Youth enrolled in school: must first discuss with their assigned counselor to determine if Connections Coordinator services is necessary. The counselor, or other assigned staff, will then submit the referral to Connections as needed.
Gresham High School Counseling Office:
Counseling Secretary, Kelly Spaid
Phone #: 503-674-5508
Sam Barlow High School Counseling Office:
Counseling Secretary, Kerry Smith
Phone #: 503-258-4870
Gresham-Barlow School District Connections Coordinator:
**Due to working remotely at this time, please call or text Google Voice Cell Phone Number: 503-660-8778
** Please leave a voicemail and remember to leave your first and last name, contact info, & short explanation for your call.