Gresham Scholars Diploma
The Gresham High School Scholars Diploma is designed to honor academically well-rounded students who have pushed themselves to excel in the most challenging of four-year educational programs. For students who are self-directed and desirous of a balanced and challenging program, the Gresham Scholars Diploma is well worth the effort!
In addition to meeting all requirements for the Gresham-Barlow School District Diploma, students will qualify for a Gresham-Barlow School District Scholars Diploma based on their enrollment in advanced courses and provide confirmation that they have accomplished each of the requirements listed below. Students must remain enrolled in their advanced courses through their eighth semester, as their final GPA and class ranking will be determined by their highest GPA with the Scholars program and final grade report.
It is from among Scholars Diploma candidates that Valedictorian (4.0 Cummulative GPA) and Salutatorian (received one "B" letter grade down from a 4.0 Cummulative GPA) that recipients will be determined.
Requirements: A senior must…
- Successfully complete all graduation requirements, including credit requirements, Essential Skills requirements, portfolio requirements, education plan and profile, extended application and career related learning experiences.
- Earn an accumulative GPA of at least 3.50 at the end of the eighth semester.
- Earn a minimum of 25 credits, at least eight (8) of which must be earned in designated advanced courses.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a world language in addition to English or successfully complete two years of study in the same world language.
- Have been an active participant in at least one co-curricular activity (e.g., Sports, Clubs, Theater, Music, Student Government, etc.).
- May earn only one elective credit using the PASS/NO PASS option.
- International Baccalaureate Full Diploma Candidates who are in good standing at the end of the eighth semester of their senior year will automatically earn a Scholars Diploma at Gresham High School.
Any appeal regarding qualification for a Gresham-Barlow School District Scholars Diploma must be presented to the Scholars Diploma Review Panel.
HONORS SCHOLARS CLASS OF 2022
ADVANCED COURSE LIST
(subject to change)
IB Math Applications and Interpretations SL
AP US History
AP United States Government and Politics
AP Human Geography
IB History of the Americas HL 1
IB World History HL 2
IB Chemistry SL
IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL
IB Biology HL 1
IB Biology HL 2
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Graphic Design 4
Early Childhood Education Cadet Teaching 1 & 2
IB Japanese SL 7-8
IB Spanish SL 7-8, Spanish HL 9-10
IB Language and Literature SL 1
IB Language and Literature SL 2
AP English Language and Composition
IB Literature HL 1
IB Literature HL 2
IB Theory of Knowledge I and II
FINE AND PERFORMING ARTS
(Students may only take 2 credits maximum in this area)
AP Music Theory
IB Art SL & HL
Overtones & Concert Choir**
Jazz Ensemble & Wind Ensemble
CENTER FOR ADVANCED LEARNING
Current courses offering college credit
* Must be an editor or 2nd year student
** Must be a 2nd year student