Find the free Xfinity Wifi Hotspots available closest to you
Xfinity has opened up free wifi hotspots to families throughout the community.
You can view these free hotspots at the link below by typing in your zip code.
Discounted Home Internet Services
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission program that provides a temporary discount (up to $50/month) on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households.
If you know of any families who could benefit from this program, please share this information and encourage them to enroll at this site: https://www.getemergencybroadband.org/
Your household qualifies for the Emergency Broadband Benefit if it has an income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines OR any member of the household:
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 due to job loss or furlough AND has a total household income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers;
- Qualifies for Lifeline benefits through participation in SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit;
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program, and that provider received FCC approval for its eligibility verification process.
Internet service providers in our region:
Most Internet providers are waiving late fees and suspending data usage limits due to COVID-19.
The following are Internet providers you can contact to activate Internet services:
Comcast Basic Internet:
Free for low-income customers for 60 days and $9.99/month after that: www.internetessentials.com/Apply