If you need to talk with a counselor?
Please feel free to send an email to your student's grade level Counselor listed below:
Nicole Anderson(6th grade)
Katieann Beam (7th grade)
Darcie Locke (8th grade)
If you would like to arrange a meeting, please click on this link to request:
IN THE NEWS!
- Outlook article on the Chromebook rollout/program.
42-news/452315-368335-clear- creek-teacher-steaming-into- the-future-?wallit_nosession=1
- Check out Clear Creek Middle School in the Outlook
The State of Oregon now requires schools to notify parents of their immunization exemption rates for each required vaccine. These rates will now be posted on our school’s website, in our school office, and sent home to parents twice a year. The rates attached are the exemption rates as of last spring. Schools are required to publish this information twice each school year. Approximately the second week of March we will post the updated rates. These new rates are collected and tallied in mid-February.
El Estado de Oregón requiere que las escuelas notifiquen a los padres de las tasas de excepciones de inmunización para cada vacuna requerida. Estas nuevas tasas serán publicados en la página web de nuestra escuela, en la oficina de la escuela, y se enviaran a los padres dos veces al año. Las tasas adjuntas son las tasas de exención en cuanto la primavera pasada. Las escuelas están obligadas a publicar esta información dos veces cada año escolar. Aproximadamente la segunda semana de Marzo vamos a publicar las tarifas actualizadas. Estas nuevas tarifas son coleccionadas y contadas a mediados del mes de Febrero.
Distrist transfer information is now available to those interested in attending a Gresham-Barlow school.
Leadership changes at Deep Creek-Damascus K-8 and Hogan Cedars Elementary
Degrees and Certifications:
Doctorate of Education (Ed.D) Educational Administration from Concordia University-Portland (2017) Continuing Administrator License Certificate (CAL) from Lewis & Clark College (2012) Initial Administrator License Certificate (IAL) from Lewise & Clark College (2007) Masters of Science (MS) Technical/Professional Writing from Portland State University (2005) Continuing Teaching License Certificate (CTL) from Portland State University (2005) Initial Teaching License Certificate (1999) Bachelors of Arts (BA) English from University of Portland (1999) Bachelors of Science (BS) Secondary Education from University of Portland (1999)
Dr. David Atherton
Clear Creek Middle School is a student-focused and supportive learning environment. Our mission is that a focus on Respect, Responsibility, Relationships, and Results will guide our decisions and interactions with students, staff, families, and community members. Our continued efforts as a PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Support) school promote and reward desired behaviors rather than focusing on punishing students. Our focus is to encourage students’ social-emotional growth, building skills to make the right decisions as a community member in and out of the school to be future-ready as a 21st Century Learner.
We continue to support the 4Rs seeking to sustain success. While success is defined as a destination, we want it to be sustainable for our students in high school and after graduation as life-goals, and directions, change. If students have the knowledge and skills to adapt to learning situations, then they will sustain success in their lives, positively contributing to society. We realize that while students spend a lot of time at CCMS, families need additional support outside of school time. To that end, our staff works to provide wraparound services, connecting students and families with community resources and social services.
As we continue to work towards these goals, we want to ensure that we are communicating effectively and receiving feedback from a variety of stakeholders make the best decisions. We primarily use email and our website to keep families updated on school events, as requested by families in surveys. Ensure your email address is updated in ParentVue. For families who do not have electronic access, we provide copies in the office or by request.
Just as we expect students to grow, our staff also pursues personal and professional learning and growth. For students to be future-ready, staff continues to explore emerging practices to be 21st Century educators for 21st Century students.
Our School Improvement Plan has three objectives with eight supporting targets:
- All teachers will use instructional strategies and initiatives that are grounded in evidence-based practices, strengthen the core academic program, increase the quality and quantity of learning time, and address the learning needs of all students:
- AVID and Culturally Relevant Teaching practices;
- Differentiated instruction for English Language Learners and Special Education inclusion in mainstream classes;
- Instructional Technology use to promote student engagement, learning, and growth through Google Classroom and Applications.
- School leaders will actively promote a shared vision for equity, cultural competence, and high expectations:
- Student social-emotional learning through Culturally Relevant Teaching, Cultural Proficiency, Trauma-Informed Practices, student-focus groups, and targeted advisory lessons to teach or reteach social situational behavior and language;
- Student growth mindset based on rigor, relevance, and perseverance;
- Staff communication to engage families through Google Classroom, Parent/StudentVue, meetings, phone, and email to celebrate successes and provide needed support.
- All instructional staff at the school will be engaged in aligning instruction and local assessments to state standards:
- Staff Professional Learning Teams focus on intentional alignment of Common Core Standards, curriculum resources, instructional best practices, and assessments for student-learning;
- Students learn academic language needed to succeed in any learning environment or post-secondary options.
We look forward to partnering with you to support your scholar’s social, emotional, academic, and physical growth. Our highly skilled and dedicated staff want to work with you to help this growth for every student to succeed.
David Atherton, Ed.D.