We welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year!
Our office will be open Wednesday, August 23rd.
If you need to register your student for this school year, please click HERE .
Please read the Principal's message for more information on this school year.
We look forward to seeing students back in class soon!
A 2007 study from Johns Hopkins University found students who attended less than 90 percent of school in sixth grade were far less likely to graduate. Only 13 percent of students who attended less than 80 percent of sixth grade graduated from high school on time. We want to help you out! If you are having issues or barriers to your student attending school on a regular basis please let us know and we can assist you. WE WANT YOUR STUDENT HERE!
Support McCarty with AmazonSmile!
Supporting McCarty through our PTC is as easy as ordering from smile.amazon.com! AmazonSmile donates .5% of your eligible purchases to our school through our Parent Teacher Club. Click these links for more info!
AmazonSmile for McCarty - English
AmazonSmile for McCarty - español
Your donations make a difference!
Training, on-going support provided
Cook, Ravenberg, and Collins to serve in different capacities
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy Nimz
Welcome Back, Hornet Families!
I hope this message finds you all in good health and high spirits. As we prepare to embark on another school year, I want to extend a warm and enthusiastic welcome to each and every one of you – students, parents, teachers, staff, and partners.
The hallways may have been quiet over the summer, but our dedication to learning and growth remain steadfast. Our shared commitment to creating a positive and inclusive learning environment remains as strong as ever. As we return to our classrooms, we bring with us the energy and eagerness to explore, discover, and succeed.
This year, we are excited to build upon the achievements of the past and embrace new opportunities for collaboration, creativity, and achievement. Our teachers have been hard at work, designing engaging learning experiences that will challenge and inspire our students. We are committed to fostering an environment where each student feels valued, empowered, and encouraged to reach their full potential.
To our returning students, welcome back! Your dedication to your studies and your growth as individuals is truly commendable, and we can't wait to see the amazing things you will achieve this year. To our new students, we are thrilled to have you join our Dexter McCarty family. We promise to provide you with a nurturing and supportive atmosphere as you embark on this exciting journey with us.
Parents and guardians, your partnership is invaluable to us. We believe in the power of a strong school-home connection and look forward to working closely with you to ensure your child's success. Open communication and collaboration between us will be key in creating the best possible experience for our students.
As we enter through the doors of our school, let us remember that each one of us plays a vital role in the Dexter McCarty story. Our collective efforts and unwavering dedication will shape the future not only of our school but also of the wider community.
Here's to a fantastic year filled with growth, learning, laughter, and meaningful connections. Let us face the challenges and celebrate the triumphs together, as a united Dexter McCarty Middle School family.
Here are some important reminders as we gear up for the start of the 23-24 school year:
- Registration is online and the registration link is available on the district website.
- Students will be provided with a school supply bundle at the beginning of the school year. This will include everything they need to start the school year. Students will receive this on the first day of school.
- Dexter McCarty Middle School qualifies for free breakfast and lunch for all students under the USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). Even if you have children attending CEP schools, you should still apply for Free and Reduced-Price Meals (FARMS). This ensures that we will be able to continue to offer free meals to all of our students. Please submit an application for FARMS. Please see the district webpage for more information and to submit an application for FARMS. As a reminder, any a la carte purchases have a cost to the family and must be prepaid by account or in cash. A la carte purchases include milk without a school meal, or any other snack and beverage items that are not part of a school meal.
- The DMMS office will be open for regular school business beginning on Wednesday, August 23rd. The office hours are 8:00 am-4:00 pm daily.
- The first day of school for 6th graders is Tuesday, September 5th. This is a 6th grade only day designed to ease the transition into a new school.
- The first day of school for 7th and 8th graders will be Wednesday, September 6th. Note: This is a late start day. School starts at 10:05am.
- School hours remain the same for the upcoming school year. The student day starts at 9:05 am and ends at 3:35 pm. On Wednesdays school starts an hour later, at 10:05 am with the same dismissal time.
- Our Back to School Open House and Ice Cream Social will be held before school starts on Wednesday, August 30th, 6:00-7:00 pm. Please stop by and meet the Dexter McCarty staff and enjoy a treat. Please see the attached invitation.
- We will continue to use Parent Square as our communication tool this year. This is a great way to stay connected with your child’s school and teachers. If you haven’t already, please download the app and check it out. You can customize your communication experience (how and when you receive messages).
- Please note that we are still working on finalizing student schedules and although they are visible in StudentVue and ParentVue, they may change prior to the first day of school.
With the start of the year fast approaching, we are diligently working to ensure a positive start for all students and staff. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. The office will be open and phones will be answered beginning August 23rd.
Have a great rest of the summer, and we will see you soon!