About West Orient Middle
West Orient Basics
Grades: 6 - 8
School Colors: Purple and Black
Principal: Elise Catanese
Assistant Principal: Tadd Gestrin
The school’s most important objective is to provide every student with skills that result in self-directed, responsible, and competent learners. The staff believes this occurs through the use of a variety of instructional strategies, an engaging and challenging curriculum, and constant monitoring and self-evaluation. Students are most successful when the staff works together and communicate regularly with parents regarding overall performance and progress. Young adolescents are most likely to achieve their personal best when there is a safe, nurturing, and intellectually challenging environment that values individual contributions and progress.
As a community of learners, the students, staff, and parents at West Orient Middle School strive to practice respect, responsibility, relationships, and results.
- Respect: Be considerate of people and property.
- Relationships: Conduct positive interactions with all people at all times.
- Responsibility: Take ownership of your actions, decisions, and thoughts-right or wrong.
- Results: We strive for personal, academic and social success
- Wolverines are EPIC! Engaged Persistent Intentional Career and college ready.
School Report Card
The Oregon Department of Education annually produces school report cards. For more information, view the District and School Report Cards page.
To contact other staff members, access the Staff Directory
29805 SE Orient Drive
Gresham, Oregon 97080
View on Map
School Hours:8:30 AM - 2:55 PMWednesdays 8:30 - 11:30 AM(Wednesday breakdown is 8:30-8:50 Live Lessons, 8:50-11:30 Independent Work)
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM