Gresham High School has been an authorized International Baccalaureate school since 1999. IB is a rigorous college-prep program which prepares students for the next level in their education, as well as challenging them in their high school experience. Students can participate in the IB program in three ways: take an IB course to support academic interests; become an IB course candidate by testing in the IB course; or pursue an IB Diploma. All students are encouraged to enrich their high school experience by taking IB classes.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right
- GHS IB Courses IB Curriculum Guides with Command Terms, IB Forms
- GHS IB Diploma EE, TOK, CAS
- GHS IB Documents
- GHS IB Exam Registration and Fees
- College Recognition of IB Courses
- GHS "What is IB?" Presentation General Overview of IB at GHS
- IB Learner Profile
- Candidate IB site for uploading and checking scores - contact Mrs. Childress for log-in details.
- ManageBac - CAS and EE Management Tool for IB Diploma Students
- Extended Essay Moodle Page for IB Diploma Students
- IB Online Curriculum Centre - for IB Teachers - OCC If you are a GHS staff member, please contact K.Childress for log-in information.
- International Baccalaureate Website
IB Coordinator: Alan Simpson
Office: (503)-674-5500 ext. 3513
Wednesday, October 18th, 6:30 PM in the Cafeteria. This is for students and families to get information about how to register for IB exams. This applies mostly to seniors in IB courses, and to Juniors in Anthropology, Environmental Systems, Chemistry, and Music.
Students only need to pay IB exam fees when they register for the exams. The GBSD will be subsidizing exam fees and registration. The cost to register will be $50, and each individual exam will be $50. 1 Exam = $100 2 Exams = $150 3 Exams = $200 4 Exams = $250 5 Exams = $300 6 Exams = $350