SUN Community School Program
Welcome to the Gresham SUN Community School!
The Gresham SUN Community School is operated by Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) in partnership with the Gresham-Barlow School District. We are committed to providing quality extended day classes to students at Gresham High School. Gresham SUN provides a great opportunity for youth to achieve academic success, gain new skills, meet new friends, and have a fun and safe high school experience. The program offers a variety of classes, including credit recovery options, tutoring, arts, sports, and other recreational activities. SUN also offers educational activities for parents and community members in the evenings.
To register for a SUN class, participants must complete a SUN registration form. SUN registration forms are available on-line or in SUN Office (Room 104).
For more information about the Gresham SUN Program, call 503-674-5570 or contact
Lorelei Estrera - SUN Site Manager
Adriana Zacarias - Family Resource Navigator
Quinn Ellis - GHS SUN Supervisor Assistant
Attention current sophomores and juniors: are you thinking about going to college?
Applications will open to Sophomores (rising Juniors) on April 17th
College Possible offers support to students who want to earn a bachelor’s degree so they can accomplish their goal. If you have at least a 2.5 GPA and are eligible for free and reduced lunch, we’d love to hear from you! With the support from a near-peer coach, College Possible students explore colleges, prepare for the ACT, get help with scholarship and college applications and more! Students receive support from a coach throughout their time in the program, starting their junior year of high school and until they graduate from college.
- Parent applications: They are in Spanish and in English. I understand that at times it can be easier for families to complete a paper copy of our application. Students are also welcome to pick up an application in our community partners office located in room 131 next to the SUN room.
- College Possible Slide: This includes the basic information about our program and can be referenced by anyone interested.
- College Possible Post: This is a blurb you can add to the College Possible section of the website.
- Andrea Stone, (503) 298-5353, Astone@collegepossible.org (Junior Coach)
- Yulissa Flores-Lopez, (503) 676-7538, YFlores@collegepossible.org (High School Program Coordinator)
TRIO College First
TRIO College First is dedicated to making college dreams a reality for Gresham High School students. We mentor 100 9th through 12th grade students at GHS every year, with a specific focus on kids whose families face financial barriers and who will be the first in their family to go to graduate from college in the US.
Se habla espańol
Se habla espańol