About Dexter McCarty Middle
Principal: John George
Assistant Principal: Amy Nimz
We, the staff of Dexter McCarty Middle School, consider it our mission to ensure that our school becomes an institution that is known for academic excellence and ethical conduct. It is a community where personal responsibility, accountability and good judgment are taught, modeled and expected of all. We are a school where safety and respect are the norm, and expectations for success are paramount.
Gresham-Barlow Middle School Beliefs:
We are committed to high quality, developmentally appropriate middle-level education characterized by:
- Quality work and relevant learning through challenging integrated curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Relationships that promote the trust and safety (physical, emotional, and social) needed for learning and well being
- Opportunities for all to succeed through core, exploratory, and co-curricular activities
- Respectful partnerships through "heroic" customer service and communication
- Development of personal responsibility and accountability through opportunities for significant choice and decisions related to learning
- High expectations for all who are involved in middle level education
We teach to cause a positive result!
School Improvement Goals:
- To improve academic proficiency and growth in reading, writing, math, and science
- To increase student accountability with regard to their learning
- To have students demonstrate respect
- To have students be goal-minded
- To have students aim for academic excellence
Dexter McCarty Middle School is special because it promotes and maintains a student-centered environment. It has grade level teams through which students are well known to a small group of teachers. We provide opportunities for intervention and enrichment in both reading and math with advanced subject matter in Math, Language Arts, and Social Studies to better meet the academic needs of all students.
School Report Card:
The Oregon Department of Education annually produces school report cards. For more information, view the District and School Report Cards page.
Colors: Green and Gold
Dexter McCarty (Circa 1992)
To contact other staff members, access the Staff Directory
1400 SE 5th Street
Gresham, Oregon 97080
View on Map
Phone: (503) 665-0148
Fax: (503) 669-1892
School Hours:8:30 AM - 2:55 PMWednesdays 8:30 - 11:30 AM(Wednesday breakdown is 8:30-8:50 Live Lessons, 8:50-11:30 Independent Work)
8:00 AM - 4:00 p.m.