Skip To Main Content






The Gresham-Barlow School District is currently accepting in-district transfer requests for the 2024-2025 school year. If you live within the district and want your child to attend a Gresham-Barlow school outside of your attendance area, you need to request an in-district transfer. If your student currently has an in-district transfer and is moving from elementary to middle or middle to high, please submit a new request.

Please submit your transfer request by using the link to the Google form below. Applicants for transfers will be notified by email after all requests have been reviewed. Please note: some requests may not be decided upon until late summer after more registrations are received. This is most common with Kindergarten and 1st grade requests. If this is the case, you will be notified that your student is on the Waitlist until a decision can be made.

English In-District Transfer Form
Spanish In-District Transfer Form

For any questions or further information, contact Jade Joseph by calling 503-261-4575 or emailing


Transfer Out of Gresham-Barlow Schools:

The Gresham-Barlow School District accepts inter-district transfer requests for the upcoming school year during May. The application period is closed for the 2023-24 school year. 

Transfer Into Gresham-Barlow Schools: 

Due to an increase in resident student enrollment, Gresham-Barlow has paused inter-district transfers for the 2024-25 school year.

Parents or guardians seeking a transfer into the Gresham-Barlow School District must obtain an inter-district transfer release from their neighborhood school district. Check your district's website to learn about their application process. Please know that a release from another district does not mean your student will be approved to enroll in a Gresham-Barlow School. All transfer decisions will be based on class size in the grade and school requested. 

For more information, please see the Inter-District Transfers FAQ or contact


In the past, Open Enrollment was an additional enrollment option for students hoping to transfer between districts. However, 2018-19 was the last school year for students to transfer through open enrollment. Districts cannot enroll students through open enrollment for future school years.

Any student who has transferred through open enrollment before this change remains a resident of the new district. ORS 339.133 contains language stating that this change does not affect the status of a person who transferred through open enrollment prior to the 2019-20 school year.