Distance Learning for All comes to Gresham-Barlow Schools
Distance learning has unexpectedly become a present reality for the Gresham-Barlow School District. The current COVID-19 situation has necessitated the introduction of online instruction to our community in order to support student learning while they are sequestered at home with their families. We will provide distance learning to our students while they are at home. Below are the current tenets of our distance learning plan, which will undoubtedly evolve concurrently with our online learning infrastructure. Elementary, middle, and high school schedules will be shared on our website and through the school and individual teachers.
· Foster a sense of belonging by reestablishing daily relationships with students and students to their peers. Reimagine your classroom routines, class meetings, and activities to help rebuild normalcy.
· Standards-based instruction will be provided to our students through a Distance Learning format and will include social-emotional opportunities.
· Beginning April 13, all teachers will provide standards-based instruction on new content through June, prioritizing key standards.
· Assessment of student learning and feedback is essential to support students in progressing through the core content standards.
· Supports for Students with Disabilities will be provided by the Student Support Services Department.
· Supports for English Learners will be provided by the English Language Learners Department.
· GBSD Teachers will work in grade-level/subject matter teams to develop common weekly learning plans for students.
· GBSD Building Leaders will support the work of teachers, as well as monitor the progress of GBSD supplemental distance learning implementation at the site level.
· GBSD Department of Teaching and Learning will coordinate the supports that are needed at the sites to effectively implement Supplemental Distance Learning as an overall system.
· The GBSD community will keep the emotional and mental health of our students and families at the forefront of our work in the implementation of distance learning, as well as the further development of our online learning infrastructure.