Ready to feed our students!
Dear GBSD Families,
During the spring, Nutrition Services operated under an emergency summer feeding program where all children 1-18 years of age in the community qualified to receive free grab and go meals at any of our sites regardless of qualifying meal service category of free, reduced, or paid.
Beginning on September 14, 2020, we will still be under the emergency summer feeding program. This means we will still be able to serve kids 1-18 years of age for free at the designated school and bus route sites. (Listed below)
Grab-and-Go Meals Service
- Meal service will be curbside grab-and-go, Monday - Friday from 11:00 am-12:30 pm at all designated school sites listed below.
- The program permits one breakfast and one lunch per day per child.
- Parents, guardians, or family members are permitted to pick up meals for students.
- When coming to school sites to pick up meals, please follow signs and staff directions for social distancing and safely entering and picking up meals.
- The meal service delivery model and schedules (bus routes) will continue to be evaluated based on the current instructional model.
- Each grab-and-go breakfast meal bag will include 1- breakfast entree, 1- fruit, and a milk. Students must take the complete meal.
- Each grab-and-go lunch and dinner bag will include 1- entrée, 1-fruit, 1 vegetable and a milk.
- Monthly meal menus will be posted on Nutrition Service website.
- We will start the school year with an all cold breakfast, lunch dinner menu.
- In November we will move to a menu that will include various hot and cold options and will come cold or with food safety and reheating instructions if applicable.
Free & Reduced Meal Qualification:
Students whose families receive state assistance for Basic Food Assistance, SNAP, TANF, or Medicaid automatically qualify for free and reduced meals. The Gresham Barlow Nutrition Service gets daily reports from the state to ensure we are updating and matching all family members in the household for approval. Nutrition Services staff will communicate with families of status changes and qualification by letters, emails, and phone calls.
Meal applications are required at the start of each year to continue the free or reduced status from last school year. It is still important that households apply for free/reduced meal benefits.
School Serving Sites during distance learning:
Meals can be picked up in the front entrance of the schools listed below.
Gresham High School - 1200 N Main Street - Gresham, OR 97030
Closed due to wildfires: Sam Barlow High School - 5105 SE 302nd Avenue - Gresham, OR 97080
Clear Creek Middle School - 219 NE 219th Ave - Gresham, OR 97030
Gordon Russell Middle School - 3625 SE Powell Valley Rd - Gresham, OR 97080
East Gresham Elementary - 900 SE 5th St - Gresham, OR 97080
North Gresham Elementary - 1001 SE 217th Ave - Gresham, OR 97030
Hall Elementary - 2505 NE 23rd St - Gresham, OR 97030
Highland Elementary - 295 NE 24th St - Gresham, OR 97030
Hollydale Elementary - 505 SW Birdsdale Dr - Gresham, OR 97080
Hogan Cedars Elementary - 1770 SE Fleming Ave - Gresham, OR 97080
Buses delivering meals:
In addition to serving meals at the sites above, our buses will be dropping off meals in neighborhoods and at various locations in the more rural part of our school district. Please see the routes below for times and locations.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be packaged together as one unit available daily.
Meals will be served at all sites at no cost for students 1-18 years of age.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact the GBSD Nutrition Services Office at (503) 261-4590.
Feeding our Future, together we make it happen!
Director Nutrition Services